Old Skool Vote - please place a Vote.

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Should Toonces create a few Rebangs/Extendeds where Tokens, Mods and Port Negs are NOT useable ?

Yeah Definately
56%
Maybe one wouldnt hurt
27%
No Thankyou
6%
Definately not.
10%

Total votes: 48

D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion

Old Skool Vote - please place a Vote.

Post by D-Tox1 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:19 pm

Weve gone from a relatively decent " Level based and Fun " game - which required Skill and Effort in order to compete, to a compulsory " You HAVE to Token in order to win game".
Extended Rebangs dont have as many people playing like it used to - sure people quit and stuff - but dont you think its down to " game balance " ie : between Building and Invading ?

Ive always been brought up with the saying " if it aint broke - dont fix it "
I speak for myself - the "lure" of why i personally played Starport - is diminishing fast - mainly down to balance within the game.
Winning used to come down to " Skill,help and Effort" approximately 3 years ago - but most of us could handle losing in this way . - It encouraged Fighting for Turf and Systems etc.
Youd respect someone for barging Nukes 15 hops in order too take a colony from you .. Losing a colony in this way wasnt shameful.
Itd be especially nice if Toonces considered maybe one Extended Rebang where none of the above is available - putting it in simple game terms - Im fed up spending a few days building a colony - setting it to 10 shot 120 bpm and max defs - then 15 minutes after UN runs out some Tokenwhore TokenNuking it an capping it - is totally killing the Building side of the game .
At least give us a choice on what we want to play - i mean tryin to encourage all of us to settle with Token Based games and ethics so heavily obviously isnt helping the Player base.
Would like people to vote ..in an Honest and Sensible fashion ..
Id like to see what the results are ( curiously ) on 1st of May at 12.00 GMT

Because i believe the Older Players miss the way it used to be - and the newer Players would like to see exactly what made this game SO special.

/salute

D-Tox
Last edited by D-Tox1 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joel70
2010 Pax Champion

Re: Old Skool Vote - please place a Vote.

Post by Joel70 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:00 pm

That would be cool for a extended, not bothered abt changing the shorter rebangs.

;-) good idea

Joel70
2010 Pax Champion

Post by Joel70 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:23 pm

Perhaps a extended rebang along the lines u are talking about, but costing one tourney to enter (toonces requires a revenue).

However a different award would appear on the persons profile. Perhaps a shield with a wreath.

This would provide Toonces with a income stream, and players would have an incentive to try it old skool style ;-)

MJS

Coyote

Post by Coyote » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:14 pm

Hmm. I'm a little torn on this one. I'm not a fan of tokens, but I really enjoy being able to customize my ship with the mods. I could get on board with only being able to buy negotiators from Starbases and building them in colonies, though.

awesomepebble

Post by awesomepebble » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:16 pm

yes

mrsge

Post by mrsge » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:51 pm

:) /agree

D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion

Post by D-Tox1 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:10 am

Coyote wrote:Hmm. I'm a little torn on this one. I'm not a fan of tokens, but I really enjoy being able to customize my ship with the mods. I could get on board with only being able to buy negotiators from Starbases and building them in colonies, though.
Ahh this is one of the reasons SGE used to be so Special .. :D
Knowing you had to plan an assault on neighbouring Hostilities/Players .. and simply popping into a Port - Purchasing Nukes / Negs wasnt an option - you had to BUILD your Invading Nukes - or Barge them.
This meant many cols were fairly safe ( for an amount of time ) - unless the more determined Player/s built Nuke colonies close to the Invade Target. ... Stratedgy.. *sighs.
On the whole - this meant Builders had at least a little time to cherish and Build from colonies - not like at present - where a Max Difficulty Colony comes out of UN for an hr - and some guy Token Nukes it out . :evil:
It gave Builders a chance to build Nukes to invade others - and if the col got taken the Invader would use those Nukes to wipe system .
In Lamens terms : if something doesnt get done to encourage someone to build - theres gonna be nothing to invade - only Servers left on SGE will be Permas.
Invaders / Fighters have never had it as good or easy as they have now ..you fight someone and see they have an IGS with 16 holds - they fire 16 Nukes - Port - then come back out with another 16 Nukes - to me this isnt justice or skill - The more Tokens you possess / buy - the more chance you have of achieving your goal and winning.
Financially this is great for Toonces - at present, but if he loses every Builder on the game - again there will be nothing left to invade - and also a lot fewer Players = Token sales drop.
All im suggesting is ONE Extended Rebang where Players can play for a few months as it used to be / meant to be - hardly gonna hurt anyone right ?
Toxy

angelizer

Post by angelizer » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:52 pm

I agree with this topic, hopefully Toonces will consider it. I also see how some people will dislike it, since it does require actual effort to play.

Caia

Post by Caia » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:02 am

Being a former builder, I tend to agree that it is way too easy to invade colonies. However, Toonces wants income and going to a token free galaxy doesn't give him any. If there was an entry fee then he'd get something out of it and everyone could play on "fair" terms.

Really this is one of a few underlying issues with the game. Until some sort of balance is struck between invading and building, Starport is going to continue its decline.

D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion

Post by D-Tox1 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:15 pm

I agree Caia .. Toonces still requires a steady influx of Tokens .
That said - with No Player base he wont have anyone too squeeze Tokens from - he needs to get Player Base back to where it was a few years back ..
Ive purchased Tokens - as with most other people, fact is Token Nuking is far too cheap to do - is why its done so regularly. - Token Nuking should be viewed as a " last resort " to taking someones colony, but when guys dont bother worrying about it and wipe systems within hrs using the Token Nuke method - you have to sit back and admit - its far too cheap for them to play this way. - meaning Builders suffer immensley.
This would continue even if Toonces DOES agree to start a new Extended Rebang without Admirals club or mods etc.. - except it wouldnt be happening on that specific Server .
He needs to give people at least some kind of choice as to what type of Game Server they wanna play .
As for the guys that enjoy Token Nuking etc - and basing their entire being around Tokens - well they can continue to do so on a different Server.
Putting it bluntly - it takes a certain amount of Time and Effort to build a colony .. it should also take Time nd Effort too Invade it.
Creating a new Extended will allow players too create colonies in the same manner it was a few years back .. and also making Invaders see just how the REAL guys used to do it w/o all these mods / Port Nukes and Negs.

Altair1

Post by Altair1 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:57 pm

Overall i like the idea, Toocnes must make a token sale if this idea was to go ahead.
Secondly, there are new ideas currently in balance that hopefully toocnes will take onboard regarding ore needed for certain colonies and giving oceans and earths a little bonus...i can;t say much on it yet as it may never go ahead. But basically since mods were brought into this game, also was an increase of ore needed. This is what has thrown the balance of invading/building not port negs or so called "token nukes". For me invading is fun..but with a higher maybe faster solar on those colonies that strugle to maintain high solars would increase fun for invaders and increase the chances of a builder holding his col longer.
this is just an idea of mine anything you wish to add to this idea would be greatly apreciated.
Alt

D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion

Post by D-Tox1 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:11 pm

Altair1 wrote:Overall i like the idea, Toocnes must make a token sale if this idea was to go ahead.
Secondly, there are new ideas currently in balance that hopefully toocnes will take onboard regarding ore needed for certain colonies and giving oceans and earths a little bonus...i can;t say much on it yet as it may never go ahead. But basically since mods were brought into this game, also was an increase of ore needed. This is what has thrown the balance of invading/building not port negs or so called "token nukes". For me invading is fun..but with a higher maybe faster solar on those colonies that strugle to maintain high solars would increase fun for invaders and increase the chances of a builder holding his col longer.
this is just an idea of mine anything you wish to add to this idea would be greatly apreciated.
Alt
appreciated feedback.
However i know you pretty well Altair - and even you know how easy it is to take a colony now - no ifs or buts - its far to simple using what Toonces has given as an option.
Fact is - it used to be FAR harder to invade someone - more skill was required - more thought needed to co-ordinate the attack.
Killing the skill and thought that was required to invade someone has basically sent EVERY genuine Builder on SGE into an Intense disadvantage.

My thoughts are i wouldnt be so hacked off losing a colony too someone ( even if it does take 3 days to build and def up ) so long as i knew they had too at least put effort and time into achieving the cap .
As it stands a maxed 10 shot 120 bpm rocky, mount or whatever is FAR too easy to take now with the aid of Port Negs , Token Nukes and Mods.

Again before people HAD to either barge nukes, torp it out, or Build Nuke colony close ( or col with WF and barge nukes to it ) - which in effect created MORE colonys to be invaded.
Now a guy logs into a server - borrows 2 mill, ships up and Port negs out some pretty hard cols in a matter of minutes .. - something which has taken some poor guy a week too build.
What i say - i dont say to create friction - kill the game or bug anybody... i say it because i TRULY believe with all my heart - this game has Soooo gone in wrong direction - losing the basic fundamentals of what truly made it great .

Toonces - please implement just ONE Extended Rebang where guys can play as they used too like it. - and bring the old fun back again. - No Mods , No Port negs and NO Token usage .

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:51 am

to be honest, refinery sliders were the begining of the end to any skill based FUN invading and tactics. since then each patch has been an attempt to balance the previous update.

D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion

Post by D-Tox1 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:26 pm

Agree.
However Sliders are pretty useful when it comes to increasing solar power etc.. if it makes your colony stronger - cant be a bad thing .
Also means you can make specific resources required to build further colonies - also a good thing in my opinion.

Cmon guys .. vote vote vote :D

invaderzim

Post by invaderzim » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:37 pm

I definitely agree with you on tokens and port negs, Tox (and voted as such). I've never once bought tokens since I started playing SGE. I won some when toonces deleted all those servers and when someone used my promo code, but gave almost all of them away for free, only saving enough to try out an IGS. They're just a way for lesser players to buy an unfair advantage (case in point- dex badge). Granted, they're necessary for toonces to be able to continue to run starport, so I'm not too bitter that crappy players like to buy them. That said, I would definitely buy tokens to use as entry into this extended rebang if it were created as tox has written.
That said, I see no issue with mods. I think that was a step in the right direction on toonces' part. They were terrible when they came out, but with later patches I think toonces successfully balanced them. Pretty much anyone can afford them, so it's not like they provide unfair advantage, and they force you to strategize more when getting a ship.

on another note, how did ref sliders start the beginning of the end? :shock:
They helped builders, not invaders, and made colony building more fun, so they were from my point of view one of the last good turns the game took, aside from mods and toonces deleting servers.

D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion

Post by D-Tox1 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:26 am

Thanx Invaderzim -
:D The idea on paying to enter one of these " extended Rebangs " wasnt my idea tho :(
But yeah agree - would have too pay something to enter it .
Kinda like something like this ...

Entry Fee = 2 Tourneys
NPCs= 450 = mainly Mercs and Warrant Officers
Galaxy Map = Variable -
Fuel Regen = Normal ( 1000 a day )
Corpsize = 5
Bases = 2 Pirate and 2 Normal
Mods allowed ?= Set Mods for all on Login - Maybe on Login screen you HAVE to choose the Mods you want for the game - and cannot change once chosen.
Start Cash = $500k
Biodome Cost = $750k set throughout game
UN Pro Period = Standard 3 day
IGPs= 6

Something like this would make for a fairly level competition for all .
Obviously No Port Negs or Admirals club available.
Perhaps Winner gets 2 Tourneys back and Gold Shield ?

Anybody have thoughts on Game settings ? - or opinion ? please let us know. :)

D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion

Post by D-Tox1 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:18 pm

Toonces - would appreciate some feedback from you .
Afterall difference between you and i is this - you get paid for this kind of thing and i dont -.
I love this game with a passion - an tbh would like nothing more than to give input into what new things are inputted and what arnt - free of charge
Token Servers will still be there - except theres also the choice for People to play this suggested Extended -
I believe im in tune with everybodys feelings on Starport and would like to give input into what new additions are implemented into the game .
The question is not how many tokens you can sell in the next six months - its how many new players we can credit to the game ,
Tox
Last edited by D-Tox1 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion

Post by D-Tox1 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:38 pm

Well firstly - id like to applause you for being " gentlemanly " in your words.. understanding and also creative.
I have little or no problem with any corp you play in 4Fun - in fact i have no problem with they way you guys play it also.
At first it was annoying, because again as mentioned before - its hard enough competing against 3 or 4 guys on a level playing field - and when Tokening comes into it its obviously much harder - and can become " demoralizing" and pointless to continue.
That said - this is what has been created over past few years - i understand this is Starport now .. Port Negs, Mods , Token Nukes etc etc etc .
Id blatantly like to point out - this thread ISNT with a purpose to eliminate Token servers and Mods and such, its purely to see if i/we can all get Toonces to allow one Extended Rebang that justifies equality between all players - regardless of whether "Player A " has zero Tokens or a big pot full .
For example myself : i point blank refuse to buy one more Token towards the game unless it begins to benefit the way i play - meaning - im a Builder and refuse to spend or Buy Tokens whilst i know its so easy for someone to invade what ive built.
Believe it or not - ive purchased plenty of Tokens before - as Toonces knows, but mainly was back when the game was far more equal with regards to Invading and Building - now its a useless waste for me to spend money knowing what ive built can be invaded without Tokens if required - and being stubborn like i am : i refuse to join the rest on SGE and play the way they do.
Toonces needs to give a little something back to the Loyal Builders on Starport now .. so many are loosing faith and find the exact problems that i do - the gap between invading and Building being so unfair now.
With regards to paying to play an Extended Rebang that doesnt have Port Negs , Mods etc etc - well id happily pay Tokens to enter it - depending on what Toonces decides as a " fair entry fee ".
But again - there cant be any glimmer of new Starport in this rebang - or its useless to create it - it has to be an Old Skool Server - played the Old Skool way.
With regards to Map size etc - i think 3 months of gameplay should allow a Large Map size - 3 month is plenty of time too search the map = and also enough time for Builders to Build peacefully for at least a week or so .
A small Map would encourage invading from the off and confrontations from the beginning - this isnt Old Skool .. if someone buys neutrinos they used too have to work fairly hard to find Built colonies - and if no admirals club - this would mean Fuel is far more important than theyre used too .
I believe if Toonces does create this kind of Extended it will install at least a glimmer of faith to the remaining Builders on Starport - and maybe keep them in the game.

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:41 pm

I think one of the major changes in SGE now VS before is this:
People used to take pride in winning without using or using few tokens ( a personal challenge of sorts)

D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion

Post by D-Tox1 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:31 pm

CrazyChef wrote:I think one of the major changes in SGE now VS before is this:
People used to take pride in winning without using or using few tokens ( a personal challenge of sorts)
First of all - hi there buddy, havent seen you about much past few weeks :(

Once again im spammin my own thread LOL .

Cups and Medals dont have the same meaning they used to have - because as youve said - a vast majority do use Tokens to win Rebangs - which to be honest is kinda sad .
Tokens DO give an edge - whatever way you look at it, regardless whether someoene says they dont - if they didnt - why would you use them ?
That said - as a Rebanger - i enjoy competing against guys that Token - i think of it as a challenge.

We as a Community have to promote Token Sales - obviously because its what keeps the game going .... as we all know - it isnt a Free game to run.
I think somewhere along the line - Starport will have to lose yet further Servers ... if it costs $400 a month to run one Server - you can understand why Toonces needs a fairly high Token income -( if thats what it costs ) - especially if the Server is redundant and very few play it.
Question is - if Servers which are basically inactive get deleted.. what happens to the few that play that Server ?
They either leave in a huff - or hopefully go to a new more active Server.
He cant please all of us all of the time : but he CAN please all of us some of the time - hence this one Extended idea that allows all of us to play equally for 3 months at a time - whilst still having all the other Servers that promote Token usage so hopefully he can accumulate Tokens on a regular basis.
My personal thoughts are that hopefully this new Extended idea will encourage quite a larger Player base within it - also possibly bringing some retired or dissappointed Players back into the game.. thus increasing overall Player base and hopefully they will end up playing the Token servers also = somewhere along the line more Tokens for Toonces .
As it appears at the moment by the Voting statistics - it seems quite an alarming amount of other Players feel the same way as i do .
I hope for everyones sake - Toonces at least considers it. :?

D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion

Post by D-Tox1 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:44 pm

Well - only a few days left to go ... :shock:

Approximately 80% for " Yeah" - and 20% for no , so quite a resourceful difference... although Toonces hasnt posted a comment on this thread ( yet ) - am wondering whether this majority support will stand a chance of becoming a reality. :?

If it does - maybe suggestions on Server setup style would be helpful - so if anyone has any preferences/requests maybe now would be a good time to " voice your choice ".

Also would be nice to have a Toonces opinion/thoughts :wink:

Major

Post by Major » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:49 am

-4Fun wrote:Toonces is working on a lot of new features and ideas these days, I don't think he puts this topic so high in priority that he will bang a new server in just a week or two. Maybe when the other extendeds end?

Moreover, don't we all agree that the "invasion > building" is a more important topic to work out? I don't think simply increasing neg prices will help the cause in high enough esteem, although it should one option.

Also Toonces doesn't like joining discussions on ideas and for most situations it's probably best to do. Otherwise he would influence the players' real interests, leading to a feature/server that they asked for but don't actually like.

Overall it seems like a very useful idea that should be worked out.
My idea for a server:
Fewer Starbases (3-4)
Medium port frequency (1 in every 2nd - 3rd star system)
[Did anyone ever think of 2 ports in one system? Would be nice to see that in every 20th or 50th star system; Would be like finding a gold nugget.]
Big systems for building.
If possible, strong layouts for mounts, like it seems to be on Orion Spur.
Fuel regen: Maybe fast so tokening fuel won't make that much of a difference? I'm thinking of 0.66/min
Medium size Galaxy Map. Maybe similar style as on Big Bang so that it provides a lot of places to build peacefully far away from a base, but allows for a nice end-game-fight.
NPC Number: No preferences, I just like seeing one every now and then. /wave Dick Hurtz /wave Fingers the Kid
make boundless an extended and there you go. ...love the double port idea!

D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion

Post by D-Tox1 » Thu May 05, 2011 9:52 pm

-4Fun wrote:Toonces is working on a lot of new features and ideas these days, I don't think he puts this topic so high in priority that he will bang a new server in just a week or two. Maybe when the other extendeds end?

Moreover, don't we all agree that the "invasion > building" is a more important topic to work out? I don't think simply increasing neg prices will help the cause in high enough esteem, although it should one option.

Also Toonces doesn't like joining discussions on ideas and for most situations it's probably best to do. Otherwise he would influence the players' real interests, leading to a feature/server that they asked for but don't actually like.

My idea for a server:
Fewer Starbases (3-4)
Medium port frequency (1 in every 2nd - 3rd star system)
[Did anyone ever think of 2 ports in one system? Would be nice to see that in every 20th or 50th star system; Would be like finding a gold nugget.]
Big systems for building.
If possible, strong layouts for mounts, like it seems to be on Orion Spur.
Fuel regen: Maybe fast so tokening fuel won't make that much of a difference? I'm thinking of 0.66/min
Medium size Galaxy Map. Maybe similar style as on Big Bang so that it provides a lot of places to build peacefully far away from a base, but allows for a nice end-game-fight.
NPC Number: No preferences, I just like seeing one every now and then. /wave Dick Hurtz /wave Fingers the Kid

Wow !!

:?

Does this mean he wont comment on the outcome of Votes on here .. but will quietly implement it because its what the majority of the Playerbase has asked for ?

Moreover, don't we all agree that the "invasion > building" is a more important topic to work out? Hell yeah !!!

Does this mean hes seen the light and wont comment (cos he aint allowed to) - but will secretly banish Port Negs from ALL servers and bring back Equality between Builders and Invaders ?

My idea for a server:
Fewer Starbases (3-4) sounds ok
Medium port frequency (1 in every 2nd - 3rd star system) okies
[Did anyone ever think of 2 ports in one system? Would be nice to see that in every 20th or 50th star system; Would be like finding a gold nugget.] now you using your loaf - Tox likes
Big systems for building. roger that
If possible, strong layouts for mounts, like it seems to be on Orion Spur. w/e
Fuel regen: Maybe fast so tokening fuel won't make that much of a difference? I'm thinking of 0.66/min what and stop tokening for fuel ? - bad decision. Tokening for fuel is allowed and beneficial
Medium size Galaxy Map. Maybe similar style as on Big Bang so that it provides a lot of places to build peacefully far away from a base, but allows for a nice end-game-fight. bigger the better imho
NPC Number: No preferences, I just like seeing one every now and then. /wave Dick Hurtz /wave Fingers the Kid[/quote]

You forgot the " No Port Negs and Admirals club bit " :evil:

4Fun - i think youll find Toonces is capable of Typing - he doesnt require someone telling everyone on Forums that he " shouldnt join in discussions .." - correct me if im wrong but i always thought that was part of the reason for having a Forum ?

Maybe interacting and speaking to Players is what he NEEDS to do in order to get the game going in the right direction again ..

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Thu May 05, 2011 10:29 pm

A server without negs, mods and tokens would be nice, yes. Perhaps some old statistic game play would be nice as well but lets not as for to much! (:

D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion

Post by D-Tox1 » Sat May 07, 2011 5:16 pm

Mel'Kaven wrote:A server without negs, mods and tokens would be nice, yes. Perhaps some old statistic game play would be nice as well but lets not as for to much! (:
Totally agree Mel'kaven,
In all honesty my opinion on Starport doesnt really seem to matter - i can live with that ..i respect Toonces decisions ( good or bad ) and in reality suggestions i make i believe are for the good of Starport on the whole and not just for the minority that play with Tokens, although we all know its the Tokens that keep the game going - thats not under dispute. :wink:
Tokens sales are TOP priority ( i understand that ), then it should be Playerbase.
Without doubt i expect Tokensales are up with all thats been brought into the game recently - which again is great news, and can understand Toonces striving to create a Large Playerbase and also sell many Tokens in the process - i expect thats exactly what hed like for Xmas.
Putting it bluntly - i just think the process and priority is messy. :(

If you own a Computer Shop ( selling Computers *cough ) - and have 200 customers a day, and your'e making $1000 in Computer sales daily - Then that shop looks pretty busy and welcoming to new customers.. ie the amount of customers would normally rise - providing the Computers are good and a decent service...and word of mouth would provide new customers ( in due time ). hence normally meaning excess of $1000 a day income.
But you wouldnt jeopardise the Computer business ( and the guaranteed $1000 in daily Sales and 200 customers ) -and use the same shop to try and sell Real Madrid Football shirts to Canadian Mountie's instead ?
Whats the likely outcome ?
Drop in Customers in the computer shop.. then it looks unappealing and ultimately no-one there to buy Computers anymore - cos theyve gone elsewhere ..

Personally - i think Toonces had Starport " Bang-On " when it was how it was approximately 3/4 years ago, alls that was needed was perhaps higher Tokensales and genuine thought about " tweaks " to the game.
Challenging, Tactical and ultimatley Fun for far more people than currently participating in the game, it seemed new Players were joining quite regularly.
Starport needed to keep the Players that were playing back then, or at least keep the sparkle that made them play in the first place - sure some will leave , but its supposed to be 1 leaves and 5 join right ?
But it wasnt like that .. i dont know the figures - but from where im sat it looks like 150 left and 5 joined !!.

Im not asking for the game to go back to the way it was .. all im asking is for Toonces to allow me to play Starport ( as with many many many of my Friends ) the way WE used to enjoy playing it .. not with all this baby duck Port Negs , and Sub Standard Mod rubbish .. sure keep the Admirals club ( for Token Nuking ) if you like - perhaps itll pull more Tokens Starports way with incapable Players Token Nuking my cols - just because they cant be bothered to Build a colony close or Barge Nukes .. just at least give us ( the majority ) one or two servers we can play without all this nonsense that basically wiped Starport of like 50 of my mates . :(

Is ONE Extended Rebang too much too ask ? - i dont want a Tokenwhores Galaxy map setup - in fact i aint asking them to suggest how THEY would like it .. Toonces knows how he used to have it setup... i cant promise itll be inundated with Players - and hundreds of Players come back .. but im sure itll bring back the fun we used to have and hopefully many new Players in the process.

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Sat May 07, 2011 6:15 pm

Why not make everything available to all and on a level field and charge monthly?

D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion

Post by D-Tox1 » Sat May 07, 2011 7:34 pm

Now THISis a great idea.

But only downside is theres always gonna be an amount of Players that wanna play Starport without using Tokens - thus meaning if you force them to Pay to Play - they most likely gonna leave too . :(
Obviously that isnt the objective.

On your idea though Chef - what about this ..

Toonces creates Pay Per Play Servers ( PPP )

Basically like youv'e mentioned - a fixed Monthly or Annual charge to EACH Player wishing to Participate within them, kinda like buying an ELITE Membership.
It enables that Player to have :
Unlimited Fuel reserve ( only on PPP Servers )
Unlimited Universal Shouts
Option to Create own " Clan / Organization " complete with own choice of Corperation Emblem ( obviously would have to be checked by Admin before being allowed to view in game )
Corperation and Emblem Fixed and used on ALL PPP Servers - Join one Corperation - and youre in it on ALL PPP Servers.
NO LIMIT to amount of members available in a " Clan / Corperation "
Perhaps a " Monthly Exp rating which covers ALL PPP Servers " - resulting in a Leaderboard for Player and also Corperation Leaderboard
Unlimited Double Dome option
If you fail to continue Monthly / Annual Payments your PPP Character becomes deleted.
Artifacts are VERY RARE .. literally like 2 Artifacts per week available - but once found and added to your ship they stay for ONE month then dissappear - if your ship is destroyed you also lose all Artifacts held. - max 3 Artifacts per ship
You can possess 2 ships of your choice - but have to " park " one in Port or Planet surface - you can only fly one at a time - but have to " exchange Ship" at location of " parked " Ship - and also if Parked in Port you become charged for both Ships hourly. - if parked on Planet - and Planet Invaded - your ship goes into Space - and destroyed. - if both on same Planet - they both become destroyed.
IGS ships are still Purchaseable for 10k Tokens .. but if you die Starport recieves 8k Tokens and Owner of colony you die on ( Or Player that kills you ) gets 2k Tokens reward and any Artifacts killed Player was carrying at that time ( if 3 Artifacts to choose from and only one space - Player can choose Artifact to keep, rest are destroyed ) - and Player has to buy new IGS Ship for 10k Tokens if he wishes to continue flying one.
Possibly a " buy back " option, where Starport redeems Tokens into cash for a Player. ( at a low rate ) - thus meaning if a Player is good enough and destroys enough IGS SHips - he could in fact use these tokens toward a Monthly PPP subscription.

Now if this doesnt encourage PvP combat - Large Scale Wars and Tokensales for Toonces - add to that a new appetite for new Players to come and join Starport - i cant see that anything ever will.

Whilst these PPP servers are playing .. theres still " normal " Servers ( or a few ) to keep influx of new Players interested in the game - although Players participating in the PPP do not take their Ships / Mods onto normal Servers - they obviously have to play them as the rest of us would.

Chicboy

Post by Chicboy » Sat May 07, 2011 7:43 pm

Don't want to piss on your parade Tox, but did it occur to you Toonces has chopped and changed the code so much that he cant implement these idea's? Hence why he doesn't acknowledge these kind of post :(

D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion

Post by D-Tox1 » Sat May 07, 2011 8:10 pm

LOL :D

I hear ya bud.

When a chef cooks a meal - it can look pretty as hell ...and maybe the chef reckons it will taste nice too .. :wink:

But if the customer says it tastes of Turtle Urine - then the chef gotta listen sooner or later. :lol:

He either wants constructive help - or he doesnt .. if he dont then bleh fine with me .. ill just end up doin what rest of my mates have done.

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Sat May 07, 2011 8:25 pm

yup yup