The Vadraugh corp killing newbies ( Toonces Look)

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

TT

Re: The Vadraugh corp killing the game ( Toonces Look)

Post by TT » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:04 am

Dieing is part of the game.

If you are not dying, you're not trying.

Better that new players get used to dying before they actually have something to lose.

Besides, this is only a game, who really cares if you get blown up on a stupid 2D space game.

kenoneill

Re: The Vadraugh corp killing newbies ( Toonces Look)

Post by kenoneill » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:29 pm

well all i can see is that van shot down a guy twice in the same minute. this does not make the guy a newbie cause he would have had protection and been sol'd on the first kill.

VanadiumDragon

Post by VanadiumDragon » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:20 pm

yeah the so called nub i shot down had 10 dex too... wasnt too nubish to know to use those stats. ive had alot of people hate me over the years i been playing here but this guy... lol well. i dont even know what else to say. i dont understand why they think i should be banned. i didnt break any rules. lol...OH LOOK look toonces look what he did.... IM TELLING booo hooo hooo. tattle tale lolol

id like to point out again the fact that the guy that started this thread isnt even the guy that i podded. the guy i podded isnt even mad about the situation

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:46 pm

You can't ban someone for killing newbies. That might be the dumbest, most unenforceable thing I've ever heard.

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:30 pm

lets ban destructo for making such waste of time and completely noob threads.

P-i-m-p

Post by P-i-m-p » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:41 pm

I'm going to stay neutral in this fight :|

Destructo

Post by Destructo » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:54 pm

I read this on another topic and figured this guy has it figured out and believes as I do on this subject

i dont know how he feels about killing new players but It is relevent to how VD portrays himself and
how he controls his corp or lack of control
Saber-Fury wrote: The true quality in a person is not how they treat their friends, it is how they treat those they do not know..

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:45 pm

Destructo wrote:I read this on another topic and figured this guy has it figured out and believes as I do on this subject

i dont know how he feels about killing new players but It is relevent to how VD portrays himself and
Saber-Fury wrote: The true quality in a person is not how they treat their friends, it is how they treat those they do not know..
How long have you been around starport? :roll: There are very little 'quality people' in the current (or past) starport player-base. Do corporations like O.C. ring a bell? :lol: He's not arguing whether you should be considered a bad person (aka, a douche) if you kill newbies - that's a given. He's arguing whether or not you can ban someone for it.

Dying sucks as a newbie, but that's what newb protection is for, is it not?

fredfredburger

Post by fredfredburger » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:52 pm

STFU OR PLAY PAX

Destructo

Post by Destructo » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:06 pm

fredfredburger wrote:STFU OR PLAY PAX
lmao what pax?

nine-breaker

Post by nine-breaker » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:08 pm

Am I going to have to start playing actively again to show all these "vets" (example vd) what real competition is, so they leave these nubs alone? I've spent the last 2 years of SGE helping out newbies. These self-proclaimed vets that kill new players, are an insult to everything I have worked towards.

And don't give me that crap about " oh hahahaha, i gave him 1 mil, he is better off hyuck hyuck" thats bullsh!t and you know it. I give new players more money than that on a bang, along with a fully built colony, and I teach them how to stabilize it, how to defend it, and I have them tag along with me when I invade, so they know the tricks of shadow shooting, and solar tricking. Hell, I have even tweaked the military on my own colonies, and taught them how to invade certain layouts, and what to look for so they avoid laser fire.

So yes you should be banned, if people got banned for promoting another game on here, then you should be banned for discouraging playability of the same game. Learn your place vd.

For the record, if it is the same spitfire as tuvok, then he is not a noob, but then again, spitfire is a pretty common name.

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:17 pm

What would the Warriors Of Love do?

kenoneill

Post by kenoneill » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:24 pm

If vandium is who i think he is i just sleeper killed him on classic. so case closed

Mua'Dib

Post by Mua'Dib » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:46 pm

You should be banned for that. It's so unfair to kill somebody who isn't even logged in. You're killing the game even worse than Toonces himself does.

duece

Post by duece » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:21 pm

It's worth pointing out though that in the mess that followed the price system changes insurance and trade in values were reduced. So unless it has been changed back the penalties for dying as a newb are effectively higher than when we went through it. So maybe increase insurance and trade in values again but come up with a more robust way to prevent insurance/trade-in payouts from going higher than the cost of the ship.

Caia

Post by Caia » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:55 pm

LordSturm wrote:lets ban destructo for making such waste of time and completely noob threads.
/agree
/Thread

VanadiumDragon

Post by VanadiumDragon » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:38 am

nine-breaker wrote:Am I going to have to start playing actively again to show all these "vets" (example vd) what real competition is, so they leave these nubs alone? I've spent the last 2 years of SGE helping out newbies. These self-proclaimed vets that kill new players, are an insult to everything I have worked towards.

And don't give me that crap about " oh hahahaha, i gave him 1 mil, he is better off hyuck hyuck" thats bullsh!t and you know it. I give new players more money than that on a bang, along with a fully built colony, and I teach them how to stabilize it, how to defend it, and I have them tag along with me when I invade, so they know the tricks of shadow shooting, and solar tricking. Hell, I have even tweaked the military on my own colonies, and taught them how to invade certain layouts, and what to look for so they avoid laser fire.

So yes you should be banned, if people got banned for promoting another game on here, then you should be banned for discouraging playability of the same game. Learn your place vd.

For the record, if it is the same spitfire as tuvok, then he is not a noob, but then again, spitfire is a pretty common name.
you're an idiot.i wish you would stick yur head out so i could pod you too. it kills mehow all the nobodies think theyre somebody. lol . and its funny how u say you been training nubs for 2 years when u havnt even played for 2 years. you been on the forums like barely even a year and you have more posts than i do after 6 years. you must be one of those talkers..whiners...ect. log in and play dude. anyone can threaten on forums.

_Fez_

Post by _Fez_ » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:57 am

All wrong! people should play just get on playing the game instead of maoning and piping there nose in other peoples buisness becus it is this that kills the game and the vadragh arnt targeting new players invading we just invade any random col simple as that and if it poorly defended even more soo. and as for pieman i didnt know whos col it was untill he logged in just after i capped a col so thats that. people just play the game and have fun and stop :cry:

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:00 am

Destructo wrote:I read this on another topic and figured this guy has it figured out and believes as I do on this subject

Someone shouldn't be banned for killing newbies.. the most you can do is ask them not to do it..

there's also a big difference between simply killing a newbie and harassing and tormenting a newbie. I don't think Vanadium has done that.

Whether or not Vanadium kills newbies, it is not a question of ethics, as many such as barefoot have said, but of whether a rule was broken or not. No rules are broken by killing newbies; therefore, no one should get banned. Simply killing does not at all meet the definition of 'harassment beyond the nature of the game.' or w/e the rule is. In fact, if the guy didn't have newbie protection at all, my sympathy on a scale of 1-10 goes from about a 3 to a .13

nine-breaker

Post by nine-breaker » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:29 am

VanadiumDragon wrote:
nine-breaker wrote:Am I going to have to start playing actively again to show all these "vets" (example vd) what real competition is, so they leave these nubs alone? I've spent the last 2 years of SGE helping out newbies. These self-proclaimed vets that kill new players, are an insult to everything I have worked towards.

you're an idiot.i wish you would stick yur head out so i could pod you too. it kills mehow all the nobodies think theyre somebody. lol . and its funny how u say you been training nubs for 2 years when u havnt even played for 2 years. you been on the forums like barely even a year and you have more posts than i do after 6 years. you must be one of those talkers..whiners...ect. log in and play dude. anyone can threaten on forums.
Well your not real smart are you? I have been playing for 3 years, most people knew me before I discovered forums existed, then when some one was telling me about them on vent, I made an account to defend a friend being harassed by budman. So I'll put it in a nice little time line your little brain can understand, 2007 - started playing, 2008 - realized the player base was declining so i start trying to get people to stick around, 2009 - finally broke down and made a forums account.

:roll:

MastrIan

Post by MastrIan » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:26 am

LordSturm wrote:lets ban destructo for making such waste of time and completely noob threads.
/Seconded

Lets crown destructo as Talak.Winstar whiny newb of the year 2010

VanadiumDragon

Post by VanadiumDragon » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:33 am

Dave34 wrote:fyi jax has 10 dex and a sethdar with grav and scanners, so yeah hes a total newbie to the game :roll:
noone cares about the facts. they just want someone to yell at because they suck at the game. i don't mind. i am sure if this flaming thread was about anyone else it would have been locked by now. i'm sure the mods know i don't really give a crap tho. i love this stuff. keep crying girls

Destructo

Post by Destructo » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:05 pm

MastrIan wrote:
/Seconded

If someone sticks up for a new player, Then they are dubbed whiny newb?
as for the rest of you
GOD help you when you get in the real world.
Your thinking is all messed up
probably why you spend 6 years playing a space game Huh VD

-D34THG0D-

Post by -D34THG0D- » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:36 pm

WOW I CANT BELIEVE I WASTED TEN MINUTES OF MY TIME READING THIS CRAP WHAT A DUMB POST

Destructo

Post by Destructo » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:54 pm

VanadiumDragon wrote:
Dave34 wrote:fyi jax has 10 dex and a sethdar with grav and scanners, so yeah hes a total newbie to the game :roll:
noone cares about the facts. they just want someone to yell at because they suck at the game. i don't mind. i am sure if this flaming thread was about anyone else it would have been locked by now. i'm sure the mods know i don't really give a crap tho. i love this stuff. keep crying girls

ahh wow like noone told him what to do did they>>> roflmao

people do teach new people and yes he had newbie protect a week ago
how long did it take u to correct your dex?

breakdown

Post by breakdown » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:22 am

Oh the irony. :lol:

VanadiumDragon

Post by VanadiumDragon » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:46 am

Destructo wrote:
MastrIan wrote:
/Seconded

If someone sticks up for a new player, Then they are dubbed whiny newb?
as for the rest of you
GOD help you when you get in the real world.
Your thinking is all messed up
probably why you spend 6 years playing a space game Huh VD
im not really sure why you would talk about my real life. i have plenty of things going for me. that statement just shows how childish you are. here we are talkin about a game and you bring up someones real life. man you really do have issues. as far as sticking upo for a new player.... i think everyone except you realizs jax IS NOT a new player. why u cannot grasp that concept is beyond me.

Destructo

Post by Destructo » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:10 am

why do you focus on just jax and he had told me earlier that week two days before that he was new to the game and he was looking for oil,
besides you brought up my life in shouts, or dont you remember it all>? to much drugs???? remember calling me old and the rest of it? so its all fair.
what about pieboi65 and spitfire? not just jax!!!
Stop minimizing it. Your a new playa killa just admit it.

you know what i was going to mean al that stuff but

Lets just agree to disagree about how to play and keep the game going
Ok

I am sick of arguing about it and it seems most the players dont mind killing new players so lets just say
I WAS WRONG TO EVEN BRING IT UP!!!

VanadiumDragon

Post by VanadiumDragon » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:32 am

works for me dude. can we get a lock topic on isle 4 plz? lol

Wagon

Post by Wagon » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:05 pm

MastrIan wrote:
/Seconded