New Players

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

New Players

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Thu May 20, 2010 10:40 pm

It would be nice to see some new people on the game. I'm gonna do some advertising on craigslist and some other social networking sites.

Be nice to get it up on facebook and twitter and do a little networking. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Toonce write something up for us and I'm sure the community will go to bat for ya.

ArdRhys4

Re: New Players

Post by ArdRhys4 » Mon May 24, 2010 5:28 pm

Or both. This idea is great but it requires a combination of increased advertisement, better tutorial, and veteran cooperation to increase the % of newbie retention along with newbie addition rate.

nine-breaker

Post by nine-breaker » Tue May 25, 2010 12:18 pm

ArdRhys4 wrote:Or both. This idea is great but it requires a combination of increased advertisement, better tutorial, and veteran cooperation to increase the % of newbie retention along with newbie addition rate.
The game is so easy right now it doesn't need a tutorial, or vet help. This is why the game is now a turn off for me, I play games for a challenge, not for ease.

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Tue May 25, 2010 4:42 pm

nine-breaker wrote:
ArdRhys4 wrote:Or both. This idea is great but it requires a combination of increased advertisement, better tutorial, and veteran cooperation to increase the % of newbie retention along with newbie addition rate.
The game is so easy right now it doesn't need a tutorial, or vet help. This is why the game is now a turn off for me, I play games for a challenge, not for ease.
Havn't seen the game in a while but with more people, the game should get a little bit harder. Also, I am against simplicity in games. This is the reason why, for all of you who know my ideas, most of my ideas (I am not talking about the ones posted on forums, those are edited and balanced and simplified because toonces doesn't want complicated systems so he can still have stupid people on the game) are extremely complicated while in their rough stages and slowly become simple and boring and even I don't want them anymore. LOL. Where was I going with this? Oh yea, toonces, stop simplifying the game. This game was made for hard-core gamers from the start. Now, you are pushing away the hard-core gamers and trying to bring in casual gamers but it is still to time-consuming for even casual gamers (for the most part) and so you are losing people from both ends of the spectrum!!!1one!1!one11!!!