Should trading resources XP rewards be increased?

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Major

Should trading resources XP rewards be increased?

Post by Major » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:50 am

As it stands now the most a player can make from trading resources is 25 experience max per trade, regardless of the amount or value or the resources being bought or sold at said port.

I propose a discussion to fully understand the risk and benefit of a tweak to this system that might increase XP yield for the user per successful haggle.

My personal opinion is this should be raised. When I used to exclusively rebang years ago I would always curse the port that told me I had to leave after attempting to haggle down resource price and failing. XP was a bonus to the cheaper price you could get towards building, or making more credits. However, they're artis that can assist that are completely ignored and underused.

I haven't played a rebang in a very long time, I have however played every new perma that has banged for quite some time and see how any amount or xp gathered can change the entire game. I dont want trading to become like "killing NPC's" as a strategy to win...but then again, why not? Shouldn't trading be as big a pay off as invasion and building?

ArdRhys4

Re: Should trading resources XP rewards be increased?

Post by ArdRhys4 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:31 pm

In theory, traders would be powerful people. They are not as powerful as owners of planets or the conquerors of worlds, but they are the upper class none-the-less.

Caia

Post by Caia » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:21 am

Exp for trading probably should be upped some. However, I don't think it should be upped enough so that people can go around doing nothing but trading and expect to get as much exp as builders/invaders.

Perhaps adding a multiplier from your Charisma? That would allow charisma to be worth something.

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:42 am

Caia wrote:Exp for trading probably should be upped some. However, I don't think it should be upped enough so that people can go around doing nothing but trading and expect to get as much exp as builders/invaders.

Perhaps adding a multiplier from your Charisma? That would allow charisma to be worth something.
Charisma is worth something.. Morale!

TT

Post by TT » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:46 am

A small boost would be pretty nice.

Nothing overpowered but maybe increase it to 1-100 per trade and increase charisma's effect on haggling a touch.

Does negative rep effect haggling? If not it should have some negative influence.

Burnout