Put your crazy ideas here

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

megiddo

Put your crazy ideas here

Post by megiddo » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:17 am

If you have half thought-out ideas, and you don't want to spam in the engineering board with a new thread for each one, put them all in this thread and save space. I'll start:

- Make a new galaxy that starts out very small and then let the users create new starsystems that branch off from the existing ones and let them also create the planets inside the systems. (*Edit* the created systems+planets would be public, not private)

- Make a bounty system for NPCs. This would give more functionality to the Police HQ and the starport taverns (you would hunt down bountied NPCs by investigating in taverns and hangouts like in the Carmen San Diego games).

- Why is Earth the only earth-like planet in the galaxy where people don't live in biodomes? I'd like to see some more populated non-colonial planets around the galaxy, even if all they do is look pretty and dispense a few colonists.

- If there are aliens with turrets on unclaimed planets, why not alien cities, or alien NPCs?
Last edited by megiddo on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Woots

Re: Put your crazy ideas here

Post by Woots » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:17 pm

BLAH!

MastrIan

Post by MastrIan » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:53 pm

Legalize it.

Fear-me

Post by Fear-me » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:21 pm

[quote="MastrIan"]Legalize it.

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:36 pm

actually megiddo, i like all those ideas :O

however instead of users creating their own galaxy. how about a small perma that randomly grows every X amount days.

Kasonia-

Post by Kasonia- » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:40 am

new resource of marijuana =D

megiddo

Post by megiddo » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:23 am

That could work, provided you make it more "space-themed." A contraband resource with a name like "stimulants" or "powder" could be a fun way to add an illegal resource. It could be hard to find, it could affect rep, or it could even affect NPC behaviour. Whatever you want, as long as it's fun.

megiddo

Post by megiddo » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:11 am

- Terraforming could be the last stage of a planet's construction life-cycle. It would bring people out of the biodome and make it look a bit like earth while retaining it's original planet-type characteristics. Limit one terraformed planet per person, because they cannot be captured by landing on them. Only by reducing the planet's morale enough can you open it up for invasion. What would be the point of them? Well, they would look pretty and others can land on them and admire them.

- I'd like to be able to sell off my ship and everything on it at a starbase so that I can log off for long periods without being taxed or charged money. You would obviously sleep in the starbase as a person without a ship, keeping only your artifacts and money.

- I would like missions given at starbases that are longer or more complicated than missions given in starports.
Last edited by megiddo on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

pewpewpew
Location: In mah uber dreamsower, shooting nukes at you by the dozen.

Post by pewpewpew » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:12 am

-HD 3-d game with one big CGI non-faked universe(full worlds and real scales,every little detail). Nifty 1 one frame per month. Only 20 000 000 000 tera-bytes.

-toonces gives out the source-code for starport and allows individual mods

-(this is a crazy one) flood the game with ads and give us all 100$ a month

LapidSocnix

Post by LapidSocnix » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:11 pm

why we dont make servers like in counter strike wiht pass word ect.. so like few corps can ahve a war in a systeme there and likes the server die after a few weeks ....

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:54 pm

An immensely well thought out idea:

Allow me to be the game designer for a year.

Only drawback is that various mmo studios will have to fire people as players flock to SGE.

WretchedOne

Post by WretchedOne » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:51 pm

I want a Black hole to go to differant server's :P

JoeLewd

Post by JoeLewd » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:17 pm

Get rid of the whole human Race
there all a bunch of IDIOT'S

megiddo

Post by megiddo » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:02 am

crazy ideas, uh...

Own many ships at a time, store ships at colonies and be able to switch ships.

Corp owned ships.

Remove warp gates. Have warp distance depend on warp drive size or some BBQ like that. Minimap will be used as interface to hop to nearby systems.

awesomepebble

Post by awesomepebble » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:17 pm

/like :D

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:49 pm

The ability for weapons factories to build super dooper mega ultra nukes, which, when fired, travel to an enemy planet (with a max range of say 5-20 hops depending on type made) and destroy all the defenses and all the buildings except for the biodome and the level 1 refinery (nuclear war wouldn't be fun without the slow deaths from radiation poisoning, plus this will make total-nuclear war somewhat recoverable from). The after affects include a large negative affect on morale and reproduction (which starts off large and halves with time, eventually diminishing to near nothing in a week or so), along with a one time +30% pollution. These nukes would require 3k equipment and uranium, and have a build time of a week each, while the longer ranged versions would take two weeks and 3k additional uranium. Each time a blast from one of the nukes happens in a system, all the planets in that system gain a -1% detriment to their growth rates, which stacks with multiple blasts to a max of, say, minus 12%, and lasts up to a week (3 days for shortrange nukes). All players affected would be notified of detriments and detonations in their news. In addition to this planets can be
partially defended by an upgrade to the solar cannon which allows Otto double as a planetary point defense. The higher the military is the higher the chance of succesful interception, with a 100% strength giving a 75% chance of interception. In addition to this, the party who fired the nukes loses, say, 5-10k rep for each supernuke fired, which eventually curves out.

kenoneill

Post by kenoneill » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:57 pm

if a person owns a leg then he/she can 'for 1000tokens per month' have the warp holes removed so only corpies can enter a system. it has to be done from the end of the leg out and is cancelled if more than one person owns cols in a system and one of them leaves the corp

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:09 pm

kenoneill wrote:if a person owns a leg then he/she can 'for 1000tokens per month' have the warp holes removed so only corpies can enter a system. it has to be done from the end of the leg out and is cancelled if more than one person owns cols in a system and one of them leaves the corp
I know this thread is meant for bad ideas, but the price would have to be much higher than 1k tokens :P otherwise the entire server would go thru cycles in which the rich would hide away and buy tokens with cash or from newbs with cash, until there is little opportunity for newbs, who then stop selling their tokens and the entire server crashes except for the token whores. Not to mention this would make wars hug even harder. Lol

megiddo

Post by megiddo » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:15 am

starport ge is such a lonely experience... It's MADDENING! im serious, it drains you. anyway, onto the crazy ideas.

- junkyards where you can buy ships and ship parts. this is assuming that you can own more than one ship.

- a smokescreen weapon to replace the taxi's reverse gun.

- One permanent mini-dome per person that can't be moved after it's placed. It can only be placed on tiny planets or Earth and it will serve like a little home that doesn't produce anything. A tiny planet can hold as many mini domes as can fit. you can walk around your home with your avatar and buy furniture for it.

- lolis. lots and lots of lolis. everywhere.

kenoneill

Post by kenoneill » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:14 am

a version of blitz should be made browser based and released on facebook. the 20 minute duration would capture the imagination of facebookers.it would bring in new players. actually this aint a bad idea at all
/copyright :D :D

Chicboy

Post by Chicboy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:20 pm

- For Nox to admit it was him

-nox-

Post by -nox- » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:06 pm

Chicboy wrote:- For Nox to admit it was him
it wasn't!

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:37 am

I like the idea about the galaxy that expands over time, and i like the idea about NPCs having bounties and tracking them at the Lounge.

skynet

Post by skynet » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:45 am

Toonces, i have really never come crossed on your position about the 3D aspect of SGE. I know you can do it coz i played a windows 95 3d space game called "descent", with that in mind is that i know you can make SGE 3D too.

Major

Post by Major » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:19 pm

What does a 1995 version of "descent" have to do with SGE?

...also you smell.

skynet

Post by skynet » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:54 pm

Major wrote:What does a 1995 version of "descent" have to do with SGE?

...also you smell.
It has to do with the stinking smell of your bovine ordure mr. major. It means go crank up your head so you can comprehend the light of the SGE problem.

Manganator

Post by Manganator » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:20 pm

-Simple idea. "Capital Worlds" 1 Capital world per corp. Capital world gets bonuses in happiness, military output, and production. Since every corp gets one, it helps balance. The further away you build from your capital the less happy your colonies are. (While colonies built very close to a capital get bonuses in happiness). Everyone cries about this because they want to rule the whole galaxy :twisted:... but as many have found it's the very ability to rule the entire galaxy which ruins the game and stifles activity :?

-"Pillaging". I think that you should be able to pillage a planet, which kills 1/4th of the planet's population (And adds significant experience and decreases significant reputation) and converts it into cash and turns the planet into a UN planet. I think that if there was a comprehensive "Pillaging" system, corps could still raid beyond their borders. SGE treats every invasion like the invader is intending to hold onto the planet... very often, they don't care xD

-Another idea "Protectorate Status". The concept of this, is that in exchange for sacrificing a daily value of money from planetary taxes to the protector corp (Negotiated by the protector Corp). A corp can become a "protectorate" of a larger corporation (Corporations can only have 1 or 2 protectorates). This has 2 functions... both as a blackmail. (Give tribute or we attack) and as sub-corps. The larger corporation gets alerts when people land on planets, etc. I think this would be a great idea, because if implemented along with the "capital worlds" system, it would give larger corporations an ability to exert influence beyond their borders.

justin

Post by justin » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:07 am

Toonces wrote:I like the idea about the galaxy that expands over time, and i like the idea about NPCs having bounties and tracking them at the Lounge.
agreed this would ad a new fun aspect to the game ive always thought there should b some long multy tierred missions and gal expansion would add new BBQ to colonize and would prob keep more ppl on se3rvers slowing there deaths

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:15 am

megiddo wrote:starport ge is such a lonely experience... It's MADDENING! im serious, it drains you. anyway, onto the crazy ideas.

- junkyards where you can buy ships and ship parts. this is assuming that you can own more than one ship.

- a smokescreen weapon to replace the taxi's reverse gun.

- One permanent mini-dome per person that can't be moved after it's placed. It can only be placed on tiny planets or Earth and it will serve like a little home that doesn't produce anything. A tiny planet can hold as many mini domes as can fit. you can walk around your home with your avatar and buy furniture for it.

- lolis. lots and lots of lolis. everywhere.

I'm thinking it could be like the sims but only we could hook up with space alien chics found in stasis pods discovered in Intergalactic Ship wreckage's.

Could make Intergalactic babies to colonize the galaxy..................

ygvbBubblez

Post by ygvbBubblez » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:31 am

-A tracking device, an expensive device that you can shoot at enemies and find out wherever they go, until they get blown up or battery power runs out.

-Weapon strength module.

-Free moving asteroids that occasionally hit planets, knocking out one or two of the planet's defenses.

-A moving base that changes positions to a random galaxy every day.

-Poison missile that slowly drains the enemies health over time.

-Clusters of alien spacecraft NPCs that work together as one, like a swarm.

-Cluster rockets, a strong missile that splits up into a group of weaker missiles, to be used when a player has low health and is hiding behind planets.

-Smoke bomb that makes it much harder to see in an entire galaxy for 30 seconds. Kind of like megiddo's idea.

-Happy Nuke, a unguided missile with a huge damage radius.

-Suns damage your ship when run into.