More New chapters Posted! Manganator's Story

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

urablahblah

Post by urablahblah » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:38 am

You had better almost have a new section ready, that didn't say anything! I need MORE!! Mag, don't let me down!

Inigox5

Post by Inigox5 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:27 pm

Sorry about bringing it to attention,

But like

ARE YOU DEAD?

Or are you writing extra long chapters...

-.-

Hurry up!!

Sorry for making you all think there was an update

:oops:

Luna

Post by Luna » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:49 pm

He told me on Classic that he had anther chapter almost done. I anticipate it will be posted soon.

Stklr

Post by Stklr » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:45 pm

I will ask one more time before I give up.

Make me a combat robot "Stklr-47'!!!

And great chapter by the way.

Cant wait for more!

urablahblah

Post by urablahblah » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:12 am

Hello? Is there a new part? It had better be long....

Manganator

Post by Manganator » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:09 am

OOS: 6 pages enough? *shrug*

When Manganator finally mustered the willpower to open his eyes again, there were two others standing over him alongside the boy who had heralded his awakening.

One was a cheerful looking girl of about sixteen with a head of long, curly brown hair and anticipation in an amiable smile that seemed to fit her face nicely.

The other girl, standing a head taller than the first, didn’t look much older, but was much more mature. She had a sarcastic-looking grin and an edge in her eyes that seemed to size him up as he did the same, but nevertheless, the piercing look from her sharp ice-blue eyes chilled him, especially in his vulnerable state. Her jet-black hair was very short, almost like a recovering buzz-cut.

He had no clue what had happened to the other two survivors, Kat and Bill, where he was, how long had passed since his head trauma... so he decided to wait and let the information come to him.

Surprisingly, it was the more severe, black-haired girl that spoke first.

“How are you feeling, darling?”

Her voice was empty, but despite the lack of emotion behind it, Manganator did not detect any sarcasm. The other woman beamed on obliviously.

Manganator paused, and finally decided on his answer. “Well enough.”

It was a neutral response.

“Oh, that’s great!” the curly-haired woman squeaked from the side. “I’ll leave you two lovebirds alone. I assume that some of my penberry juice is in order!”

“What?” Manganator said in surprise. He was surprised enough to know that he wasn’t a captive of the enemy, let alone that this woman thought he and the other woman and him were lovers. In fact, he’d never met her before, and in his shock, he forgot the importance of discretion.

“Penberry juice...” the woman said, her smile fading a bit. “It’s famous here, my family’s recipe. Known from Burai to Charity.” The last part she said in a sing-song voice, as if memorized.

“Yes, some Penberry juice would be fine, Jenny,” the black haired woman said, eager to have the woman leave. When she exited, the black-haired woman gave a sharp glance to Manganator which advised him to stay quiet.

“Okay Ben, let’s let the two have some alone time, okay?”

The moment “Jenny” exited with the boy, the black haired woman’s demeanor lost any shadows of concern and compassion which had been an obvious facade.

“If you want to survive, you’re going to need to get a lot smarter, very quickly. If you do anything to compromise us, then I will put a bullet through your head, and don’t think I’ll hes-,”

Jenny’s steps stopped, and started approaching the room again, which made the black-haired woman mask herself in a more womanly facial expression.

“Do you want something to eat as well?” Jenny asked.

“That would be great, Jenny.” The black haired woman said with a seething smile.

“Ok then... I’m sure you guys want some time alone,” Jenny said, giving them a wink.

Confused, Manganator asked the most simple thing first. “So, What’s your name... honey.”

The designation earned a glare from her.

“I’m Sarah,” she said after a small second’s hesitation. “And what’s your’s, Marine?” Sarah was an interesting name for this woman. The name itself rolled off of the tongue naturally and softly, like a gentle push in the mouth, and such it was a complete mismatch for the grubby woman across from him.

“It’s Brian,” he said, arching his eyebrows at the way she said “Marine”. It was said in a casual, demeaning tone as if he were something below her.

“Where are the two that were with me?” Manganator asked urgently, in a sudden flash of returning memories.

“Not important now, Marine,” she said. She had intentionally not called him by his name, demonstrating complete detachment.

“What the hug do you mean not important...” Brian began, rising in his bed. He felt a stab of pain in his head as he moved it, but concern for his friends, and survivor’s guilt outweighed that considerably.

Jenny barged back into the room, wielding a silver tray of juice and small crackers. The sunlight reflecting off of the tray lit up her idiotic, smiling face even more than it was, making her look grossly cheery.

“Crackers!” she proclaimed happily.

“Thank you, ma’am,” Sarah said, fake smile returning again as she continued the facade that only someone as stupid as this Jenny woman would fall for.

“So, there was an accident on the way through, that sounds awful!” Jenny said, eyes lighting up at the prospect of hearing an interesting tale.

But Manganator was already getting out of his bed, to her surprise. “I’ve gotta go help them now, I don’t have any time for your games.”

“You shouldn’t be getting up...” Jennie said as if she were pointing out something he was doing against the rules in a childish game. Her once vacuous expression twisted in a look of pity as he struggled to rise.

He looked up only to see Sarah eying him icily behind a pretentious clenched jaw.

“Don’t you want to eat...” she asked, disappointed that the simplistic, utopic vision she had for the afternoon was slipping away.

“Thank you for your hospitality,” Manganator grunted, rising. He was naked from the waist up, but just next to the bed, there was his shirt, nicely washed.

Dizziness nearly put him right back onto the bed, but he managed to hold himself upright with a hand until the spell had passed. As Jennie eyed him with shock, and Sarah, distaste, he clothed himself in the shirt, and some shoes and other things that Sarah had apparently gotten him to replace his obviously Marine attire.

Clothed, he walked out of the door of his cramped room, and searched for the exit.

“We’ll just go outside for a moment, my fiancee wants to stretch his legs,” Sarah explained offhandedly, rushing off with him.

Jenny shrugged, and took a single cracker for herself, popping it into her mouth.

Manganator, stumbling through a dusty hallways, soon found the exit. The house seemed very low tech unlike the houses back home. The floors and walls were made of wood, and the house seemed devoid of all of the latest technology.

It truly was different than in the inner rings.

Not to mention, in the inner rings if they knew he was a Marine, they’d most likely give him sympathetic looks and maybe ask an awkward question about his experiences.

Here, they would kill him.

Once he exited the door, he paused in shock. All around him were houses just like the one he’d just left. A few streets down, there was a bustling square with hundreds of civilians. But the other directions were quite crowded as well.

He suddenly grew mindful of the Marine tattoo he had on his trigger finger, a black design capped with a skull. If anyone saw it he would be given away, so he tucked it into his sleeve. But, even after this, the alien environment seemed daunting to him. What if he was asked a question? What if he was found out?

“You wont find them,” Sarah said coldly from behind him. “They were captured and gone before I even arrived, their transponders deactivated. Even I don’t know where they are.”

Brian kicked his foot on the ground, scuffing the new shoes on the rocky ground. He was still disoriented, and couldn’t quite form his thoughts, but he didn’t care about the rationalization of all of it.

“Thank you,” Brian said in a low voice. “But this isn’t an option for me. It’s something I have to do.”

“Why?” Sarah asked.

Brian chocked back a cold laugh. “I guess it’s something you don’t understand.”

“They’re your friends, I understand, but in all likelihood they’ve been killed. And most certainly, if you go in some wild attempt to save them, you will die.”

“It’s not about friendship,” Brian said gruffly. “It’s my duty.”

Hearing her snort behind him put him from a mild annoyed indifference to enraged.

“There were thirty hugging men in my unit!” Manganator cried out, spinning around at her. “Most of them better soldiers than me! Most of them loved God knows how much more by their friends and family than my damned parents loved me when they sent me packing for the Marines! Now I’m alive, and I don’t deserve it, and if I don’t go and even let myself die trying to bring them back, then I could never go home. I’d rather shoot myself right now and lose the rest of my worthless hugging life! If that means rushing in there and taking their bullets, that’s fine.”

Her dark-blue eyes narrowed, sizing him up without any hint of compassion. “If you go and do something stupid, then you compromise me.”

“Oh, and you won’t let that happen?” Manganator asked bitterly.

“That’s right,” she answered coldly, raising her fists.

“I hope whatever hugging branch you’re in, they gave you one good set of lessons,” Manganator snarled, raising his own fists.

Her arms bounced gently against her body as her legs gave and stiffened enough to make her bob a few inches. Manganator laughed. The girl knew some kind of martial arts, but there’s only so much fancy strikes and holds can get a woman.

He stepped into his punch with his left leg, slamming it into the dirt as a distinct warning, but she didn’t back up. Grinning, he followed through in the motion with his right arm, intended on punching right through her block into the side of her head.

But she sidestepped the motion, and in his weakened state, Manganator wasn’t able to react before she had his arm cradled against her body. She acted mechanically, as if through many repetition and harsh training, stepping in and twisting his wrist back past the stress point.

Manganator let out a gasp, then struck at his own wrist as hard as he could with his other arm, righting it just enough to let him spin it into a safer position.

The moment he was free, he backed up in confusion. The woman knew how to fight.

But he was too far in to back down now. He lowered his head, covered his face with his arms, and ran forward, intent on bull rushing, a tactic which would disquiet any martial artist.

But instead of panicking, trying to strike him, or fleeing, she stepped towards him, disappeared behind his shielding arms, and before he could think to slow down, she hooked under his armpit. He tried to hit her with his other arm, landed a blow to her cheek, but she took the hit with a grunt and a small trickle of blood from her clenched teeth.

Before Manganator could strike again, she put an arm over his head, and connected it with the arm she had hooked beneath his armpit, and with a adjustment of weight, she used her position to force his already off-balance head into the ground.

He tried to get up, and roll, but she had already scooted a slim leg beneath him, to his neck, and then pulled his head back onto it. The pressure on his throat was choking him, and his position was too awkward to try to throw her off, or rise.

Just as he was about to pass out, she released him. He fell forward, holding his neck, never wanting another person’s hands to get close again. Then he felt her boot in his ribs as her kick threw him onto his back.

He looked up lazily, watching her figure come into view right above him, just blocking out the reddish sun. “Done with your games?” she asked, mocking him with his own tone of voice.

Luna

Post by Luna » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:43 am

Really nice twist to the story. I sure hope you don't make us wait a week for the next part. Lots of things that still need to be revealed to figure out who is responsible for all the mayhem. Plenty of things going on to make you wonder whose the enemy and whose on the same side. Keep up the good work, I enjoy reading each one of these. :)

urablahblah

Post by urablahblah » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:46 am

Interesting... very good. I wonder where this is going...

Manganator

Post by Manganator » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:55 pm

You guys are really in for a treat next! Here's the prep... Luna, take it away.

Manganator sat on the ground and thought things through for a little. She wasn’t in the Marines, and she had kicked his donkey.

He speculated. Doing this kind of work, she was probably a spy, or maybe an agent of something more powerful.

But then again, he was still recovering from his concussion, he’d underestimated her, and he hadn’t been in a good set of mind.

In fact, his approach was so sloppy Bill Hammel could have probably whopped his donkey if the fatso got the inkling for it.

Dusting himself off, he got up and began the long walk back to the house, ignoring a few citizens, some laughing, other’s staring. Manganator wasn’t surprised. To them, it had simply been a fight in which a normal woman just kicked his donkey.

“Hey!” one man called out with a demeaning grin, “what’d you do, try to take off your leash?”

Manganator stopped.

He had had enough. He’d had enough getting shot at, getting wounded, getting kicked. And he’d had enough of these fringe-world miscreants giving him BBQ.

A few weeks of pent-up frustration all went behind a single punch to the face. The man crumpled to the ground, letting out a muffled cry.

Feeling a little better about himself, Manganator walked back to the house. “Gotta love frontier colonies,” he muttered to himself as he walked. Back home, he’d have been faceprinted by 10 different cameras and jailed for assault in a moment’s notice.

But things here were much different. He looked around as he walked, noticing that these streets were paved, and the houses were connected to a rather bare electric wires, there was space for people to have yards attached to their rudimentary wooden houses, and the people wore clothes that were dirty and worn, some stained with sweat and dirt from a hard day’s work.

It was nothing like the crowded metropolises back home where everything was so clean and government-managed that the only thing to spend money on was expensive clothing and the latest “technologies” which were essentially the same every year. And honestly, it was refreshing.

Finally making it into the house which he slightly recognized, he knocked, was let in, and found that the woman, “Sarah” if that was indeed her real name, had left. After assuaging some of Julie’s concerns, and finding out a little more about his supposed “relationship” with the grim, lean woman who he was apparently “engaged to”, he sat down, and became a target of Ben’s childish curiosity.

“Here’s that juice I promised!” Julie said, bringing in a tray of leafy-green colored liquid which smelled sweet even from across the dusty room.

“So why are you marrying her?” Ben asked, corking his head.

“She’s a strong woman,” Brian said, taking a glass with a bow of his head. He figured that it would be best if he just stuck with the things he knew, so that he didn’t complicate their back story.

He took a sip, and glowed in surprise at how good it tasted.

“Thank you very much, ma’am!”

“No problem in the least, sir!” she responded with a smile, returning back to the kitchen. “It would be such a shame to keep you here all this time and not give you the opportunity to experience this drink first-hand!”

Manganator smiled, from the look of the place, she probably wasn’t too successful, but she was successful enough to raise her son and have a comfortable life, and that seemed enough for her.

“Does that mean she can beat you up?” Sam asked.

Brian’s throat still ached from where she’d choked him.

“Only if I let her,” he replied with a wink. Julie paled, disturbed by the mention at violence between the two, which made Manganator chuckle to himself.

“So where’s Sarah off to?” Julie asked with concern from the other room, cutting off the conversation.

“Oh, she’s around,” Manganator replied vague. “She’s just got some business on the town. What about you guys? Is Ben’s father out on business?”

Julie’s smile dimmed.

“Oh I never met Ben’s father,” she said softly. “I found this youngster when he was just a baby.”

“Really, you adopted him?”

She paused a moment, giving him a pausing glance. “Yes, that’s right.”

It was obviously not a subject brought up often, Manganator noted. He broke the very awkward silence to change the subject.

“Well in any case, Sarah never tells me much about her business, but I assume everything is going smoothly.”

Luna

Post by Luna » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:13 am

The woman struggled to sit up , gasping raggedly, the slick blood still seeping through her shirt. She stumbled and fell her hands slipping on the blood covered floor as she gave a look of disbelief.

Adrenaline pumped through her system. Ejected shells surrounded her. Emerging from the cloud of dust she could see her last shot had found it’s mark. The man fell quickly, his death expression still etched painfully on his face.

She quickly stepped over him as the enemy operatives tried to advance. She set her disruptor pistol to a wide distribution and advanced forward cautiously.

The situation was starting to spin out of control. Her objective was to obtain critical jamming technology that could change the tide of the war.

What should have been a simple surgical strike had turned into a complicated blood bath.

She could faintly hear the hollow sound of plasma rifles, spitting out rounds. The building was a fortress, but it had weak spots.

Infrared sensors scanned the hallways, pressure sensitive devices waited for any unsuspecting intruder to activate their explosive devices.

She had trained under the guidance of some of the best mercenaries the galaxy had to offer. She was a apt pupil, drinking in the knowledge they had obtained with the blood of thousands of innocent people.

The door shuddered a moment then swung open inward. Her infrared visor made it easy to see movement and soldiers the reduced light.

She grabbed her double serrated combat knife from its sheath and in one fluid movement came upright and held the knife in her right hand. She stepped around and swiped the knife across the soldier’s throat.

The only sound was a soft gurgle before he fell forward hitting the floor. His crimson blood pooled around her polished black boots. His visor never signaled his distressed heartbeat.

She wasn’t even sweating, her breathing meticulously controlled as she had been trained to do.

The second man never saw her as she drove the knife through his rib cage, piercing all the way to his heart. He fell forward on his face dead.

She callously wiped the blood stained knife on her camo pants and listened for any sounds of approaching footsteps. “Only three kills, this will be the easiest mission I’ve ever been assigned,” she smirked wryly.

She was caught out of position, and the defenders were systematically slaughtering civilian contractors and soldiers trapped in their path.

Alarms began to blare deafeningly warning of an intruder. She kept her gun leveled as she passed the shattered windows and bullet ridden walls.

She ejected the clip and loaded another magazine into her plasma weapon in one fluid movement.

In their desperation the attackers were firing wildly, aiming anywhere they heard a possible human presence. Parts of the walls seemed to be collapsing from the constant barrage of enemy firepower.

Collateral damage was an acceptable loss considering the importance of the jamming technology they possessed. Galactic soldiers were expendable and they knew the consequences if they allowed her to obtain the jamming technology so carefully safeguarded within.

She still had one cinerary grenade tucked into her flak jacket. If she were to detonate it everyone within a 15 yard radius would be pierced with shards of hot metal, cutting flesh and searing their body from inside. The pain would be unimaginable but she was prepared to make that cold, calculated decision to accomplish her mission.

“I can’t lose sight of my objective”
she thought grimacing from the constant pain of the disruptor wound under her ribcage.

She reached into her jacket and grabbed the vial of hypospray. She quickly filled the syringe and injected herself with the contents, giving her instant pain relief. The pressure pad she applied would promote clotting and buy her time.

She tried to remember her intelligence on the layout of the building, strategic exits, and the security outposts stationed within.

She could hear cries of pain and a steady torrent of gunfire in the adjacent rooms. She rose to her feet the shouts of Commanding officers rising over the confusion. “How could a single female intruder elude a battalion of seasoned soldiers!” an officer bellowed. “Find her or you’ll spend the rest of your life on a godforsaken volcanic planet on the outskirts of the galaxy!”

The door on the opposite side of the room flew open and heavily armed soldiers began rushing through.

From her vantage point she hadn’t been discovered but the advancing troops were blocking her only path to the vital intelligence.

“I have to get to that room, there has to be another way!”
she pondered, her thoughts becoming chaotic.

The only other way would be through the ventilation shafts but that would be risky since the slightest movement would be detected.

She crawled backward the soldiers distracted by the activity ahead of them. The ventilation shaft wasn’t her most pressing issue.The battalion of soldiers loitering in the room negated her option to use those shafts to secure the data jamming equipment.

Her probability of success in this mission was gone, there was no option but to retreat. One thing she never did was retreat. She never failed and was the most successful operative the agency had.

This would but a permanent stain on her perfect record. “Son of a I love you man!!” she growled beneath her breath. “This isn’t happening. I should just shoot all those bastards and be done with it!” she thought inwardly.

Angrily she retreated crawling on her belly through the debris. Launching herself through the broken window she tucked her shoulder and rolled out on the pavement.

Her perception heightened ,she listened for any movement. The plasma fire was lessening. The soldiers were tending to their wounded and medics were screaming orders.

She flattened herself against the outside wall of the building hoping to avoid detection. “Only a few more blocks” she thought silently.

Sundown was upon the hazy city, and her retreat was uneventful. The streetlights were just beginning to mandatory turn on as a precaution to looting and illicit activity.

Graffiti covered walls and litter were abundant. The sanitation crews didn’t dare come into these areas anymore it was a hell hole.

Her blood stained flak jacket and shirt would alert any innocent passerby so she knew she had to stay in the shadows to avoid further confrontation. The safe house was finally visible in the distance.

She navigated the entrance escaping the watchful eye of the inhabitants. The storeroom contained a false wall that contained a small hidden room where she had been hiding.

Making sure she was alone she tripped the switch and the small opening reveled itself. The small room was dank and smelled of dirt and stale air.

It contained minimal light, bedroll, a cache of assorted weapons, medical supplies and a transmitter. The transmitter was specifically calibrated to her DNA and retnal coding.

She stared at it for a moment dreading what would come. Better to have died than to return empty handed.

She paced the floor angrily, wondering how she could have failed such a simple mission. She ground her teeth together in agitation. The mission was something a rookie could have done, and yet she had gotten caught up with only three kills...

She slumped to the floor, rubbing her fingers against her temples, the headache already beginning. “I’ll find a way to go back and kill every damn one of them!” she muttered incoherently.

Opening up her field kit she used her Basillary Arterial scanner to make sure she had no venous system damage. The osteo regenerator would heal her ribs as she ran it over her ribcage.

Her regenerating wound combined with the physical exertion were causing her to become more groggy. Resting her head on her knees she drifted off into a restless sleep.

Manganator

Post by Manganator » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:05 am

Manganator sat in awkward silence, eating the food they had graciously offered him with his eyes turned to the ground. It was chunky, the grain was rough, but it was good regardless, and especially considering that Manganator had been subsisting off of nutrient bars, which provided the days caloric and nutrient necessities in a few bites.

They were small, easily produced, camouflaged, soundless, and quickly eaten without any crunching or hard chewing, and yet there seemed to be little thought to how good they actually tasted.

To his left, Sarah was visibly absent from the table, and it was just three of them filling the table’s four sides.

“I thought you said Sarah would be joining us…” Julie said softly.

“Something must have come up,” Manganator replied dismissively. In fact, he had begun to worry about her, but their cover made it necessary for him to pretend that there was nothing wrong to be worried about.

But the truth was that Sarah was a UN agent deep within rogue territory, and it was quite possible that she could be in danger. He felt the urge to get up and do something.

All around him were enemies, and here he was a lone marine pretending to be a civilian. His weapons were lost, his team was dead, and the only other UN operative on the planet had kicked his donkey and left him.

Brian bit his lip. “Please excuse me, and thank you for the wonderful meal,” he said with a slight nod.

Julie accepted the praise warmly, and with that, he was free to leave.

The moment he got out of the dining room, and into his bedroom, he began to search. Urgently, he tore his way through bags, and even checked the floorboards, looking for any trace of his equipment.

But the only thing he had managed to find was a small communication’s device, which miraculously had not been yet broken. It was a low-tech device, carried by the Marines like an appendix, once necessary, now just a little bit more dead weight.

He remembered what was so annoying about the radio. Dirt used to send beeps over the combat frequency, and interference would sound within their tactical helmets. It was quite annoying.

And quite loud.

Manganator thought hard, remembered the combat frequency, set the radio, and then pressed the “talk”-trigger once.

Sure enough, he heard the small screech of interference. But it wasn’t close. He clamped the trigger down again, and heard it, sounding off like a lone scream in the still night. It was only a few blocks away, but the way that it cut through the silence would probably have alerted anyone nearby.

Deciding that he must hurry, he excused himself from the house, telling them that he needed to get some air, and hurried out in the direction he’d heard the noise, pressing down the trigger here and there to help him zero in.

He finally got to a building, and stood outside, without any doubt that the noise had originated from there. Some spectators looked on, but Manganator didn’t care.

He was tired of being ineffectual, and he needed to know something, anything.

He suddenly realized that it might be a trap… captured equipment set out to lure any lone marines in the night, and so he reached down and picked up a jagged piece of rock to protect himself, keeping to the shadows as he approached.

duece

Post by duece » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:35 am

Haha, finally, you kept everyone waiting for weeks. Keep it comin'.

Luna

Post by Luna » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:50 am

The squelch of the transmitter made her grimace slightly as she shifted her weight and opened her eyes. “What the hell!” she exclaimed tersely.

Reaching for the transmitter she began trying to determine what had activated it. “This will give away my location to any outposts listening on this frequency. I have to find out whose out there before my position is compromised”.

Rising from her makeshift bed, she grabbed her plasma disruptor, put on her visor and activated the external sensors. Clicking on the thermal tracking device she could feel a faint pulse when the unit recognized the familiar frequency.

Cautiously making her way out of the hidden room, she advanced forward scanning the immediate area as she concealed herself in the dense brush surrounding some of the buildings.

Her plasma pistol concealed beneath her jacket she felt the hairs on the back of her neck bristle, alerting her to the presence of someone in close proximity.

Keeping her breathing shallow and steady, she hoped to ambush her target and save her energy.

The target stepped into view. “Standard military cut, probably a Marine” Sarah smirked.

The man turned slightly allowing her to get a partial glimpse of his face, in the dim light. He was holding something and concentrating intently.

Before she could act he pushed the button on the transmitter and it gave off a high pitched squelch right into her visor helm. The squelch at close range was nearly deafening, but worse it gave away her position.

Once again Sarah had to rely on her survival instincts. She was isolated, exhausted, hungry and still in physical discomfort from her healing wounds.

There was something about this man. She’d seen many warriors, soldiers in her time, but he didn’t look like any of them. There was no hatred or arrogance in his eyes.

Her attacker was bigger and more muscular. She needed to immobilize him quickly before he got the upper hand. Shin stomps, eye jabs, or groin kicks wouldn’t work on a skilled Marine. She needed to cause him immediate pain to subdue him.

She attacked him violently. With her lead leg she kicked out at her attackers knee. A fury of fists and kicks she kept striking hoping to gain a joint lock on him….

Manganator

Post by Manganator » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:58 am

The quick and violent attack, despite Manganator’s precautions, caught him off guard. It came quickly from the shadows, and a flurry of limbs and strikes disoriented his senses with jabs of pain as his mind struggled to keep up with the information. A little trickle of blood wet his lips and a nostril as her strike hit the soft spot of his face.

“Enough!” he said gruffly. Trying to create separation, he swung his jagged rock in a wide arc, intent on forcing her to dodge back.

There was only one problem with this attack, it was predictable, and if intercepted, would put him in a debilitating situation.

There was no doubt that the attacker was the woman from before, and he was determined to provide a better opponent than the last time.

Luna

Post by Luna » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:33 pm

Breathing heavily, Sarah glared at the man before her. He’d managed to avoid most of her assault but blood trickled from his nose. She took a step sideways and reached inside her jacket and leveled her pistol at him. “Who do you work for!” She snapped authoritatively.

Out of the corner of her visor she kept a vigilant watch for any additional reinforcements he might have brought with him.

The neighborhood was silent, except for the two combatants ragged breathing and the sounds of winged insects buzzing around their vicinity.

She knew if the confrontation got physical it would be a match of wits and combat techniques that wouldn’t end without one of them mortally injured. Blood would be hard to explain and the attention would likely compromise the mission.

“If all you give me is your name and rank your going to have a hole in you I could put my fist through, so let’s cut to the chase. You didn’t’ find me by accident“ , Sarah inquired keeping her pistol leveled at the man’s chest.

Manganator

Post by Manganator » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:41 pm

"You're the one with all my damned equipment! You can easily find out my serial number... my name..." Manganator shot back, and with a backwards glance suddenly becoming mindful of the crowd they were drawing.

It wouldn't be too long before they were reported, and militia came after them.

The pistol she held steadily at him numbed his anger quickly. He no longer had the opportunity to let this turn into a brawl.

"Now I'd be glad to send an angry demand of information to match every one you send, but as we talk, there will be people coming to see why there are two armed civilians making a scene..."

Stezza

Post by Stezza » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:59 am

Good story.. ill be first to admit i got no hugging idea what half the words are.. and by the look of their usage i dont think you fully do either.. but it sounds good eh :wink: anyhow.. you have talent.. but your using it the wrong place unless your trying for brownies on toonces "Lyric" page. :P

Good luck either way

Luna

Post by Luna » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:34 am

Sarah glanced around nervously. They were indeed beginning to draw the attention of the curious bystanders. "I can't discuss this here!" Sarah whispered through gritted teeth. "I have your equipment because I couldn't let it fall into the wrong hands. Someone is playing both sides of this war, and I intend to get to the bottom of it".

"We can stand here and both get arrested and interrogated but I'd like to avoid being tortured for information if that's ok with you", Sarah responded sarcastically. "You could have put up more of a fight than you did, so for now I'm going to to lower my weapon and we're going to find a secluded place we can discuss this".

Sarah motioned with her hand and gave Manganator a slight shove away from the prying eyes of the now disinterested bystanders. "The militia will have been alerted, we need to find a place to lay low till they're convinced we've left the vicinity".

Sarah didn't want to take him to the safe house but she also didn't want to be caught out in the open without her equipment. Time was running out and she had few places that hadn't been compromised in her recent mission.

"You're coming with me and if you make any moves that compromise my position I'll be forced to kill you. If you cooperate and I get the information I need you'll be on your way and back to your unit without a scratch" Sarah replied smoothly.

The house was dark, and it appeared no one was awake inside. Sarah never stayed more than a day or two in each safe house, especially since someone within the agency was leaking intelligence and the mole hadn't been found.

She couldn't afford to have years of training wasted by being assassinated in her sleep, by some rogue operative. She navigated the dark passageway toward the entrance leading into her hidden alcove.

"This way and be silent. We need to talk"
, Sarah replied sternly. "It won't be as bad as the field accommodations you've had while fighting, but it's safe and provides several escape options if we're discovered."

Catfish

Re: More New chapters Posted! Manganator's Story

Post by Catfish » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:47 am

Bump!

This is hugging epic. I just spent several hours reading all this and i'm disappointed that there isn't more.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:16 am

Manny is a very good xriter. Shame he doesn't have an attention span. ;)

Shadowshot..

Post by Shadowshot.. » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:46 pm

EPIC story mag lol please finish this

Luna

Post by Luna » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:23 am

Sadly Manganator doesn't frequent the Tavern much anymore. If he were to write more I would try to add to it, by my attempts at story writing are pale by comparison. He has the gift of a writer, while I struggle to make it roll off my tongue with the smoothness he does.

Raviel-PLAGUE-

Post by Raviel-PLAGUE- » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:58 am

Mang, i am indeed one of those people who write a lot of poetry and occasionally take on the short book trying to learn my own limits, the only thing that ever gets me is 1st 2nd and 3rd person viewpoints in my stories, i have trouble writing them because of that but i make it a good 12 15 pages before giving up haha, i do write a lot of poetry though, and i know what it takes to be a good writer and to capture the attention and imagination of the reader, and your really no rookie at it, you use imagery more than anything and your very good at it, i can imagine most of this stuff going on in my head, the vapor in the air the shots off the energy pistols singing holes in the fog as they hit the target and even the fighting scenes are described well enough for you to be able to picture it in your head and run along as you read, combine that with a suspenseful story line and you have yourself something that will keep readers subscribed for so long as you decide to keep writing it, just want to let you know despite the many compliments you get from everyone that even the experienced writer is very impressed with you, you should really keep writing and do it more often, i was annoyed to see it end as i am also one of those people who would rather spend hours reading a well written novel than play starport :lol: and i must say i'm hooked just like i was on twilight, you absolutely under no circumstances are to stop feeding my addiction. or i will getchu one way or another :twisted:

Blur3

Post by Blur3 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:45 pm

Everytime i see your post, i just move on.

Catfish

Post by Catfish » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:54 pm

Blur3 wrote:Everytime i see your post, i just move on.
you too?

Raviel-PLAGUE-

Post by Raviel-PLAGUE- » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:22 am

Catfish wrote:
Blur3 wrote:Everytime i see your post, i just move on.
you too?

lol i write a lot :) thats because i have a brain in my head believe it or not.
dude that rhymed :o hahaz :)

MutedJazz

Post by MutedJazz » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:26 am

Too bad the iambic pantameter wasn't right and I spent more times trying to understand what word you are trying to spell than enjoying the poem.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:28 pm

I just read all that and theirs no end...?

biggest fail EVER! :(

Luna

Post by Luna » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:36 am

The first thing you should have noticed when you started reading it was the date....2007. Four years ago is a long time. Manganator stopped writing and I lacked the ability to carry the story by myself. He was the talented writer, I was just trying to keep up with him. Sorry it never got finished.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:41 am

not your Fault luna, It's his Why would someone Write a Novel and Abondon it? :(

I thought it was an old finised story, next time Im Skipping to the End! 8)